Now that I'm completely adrift after college and don't know what to do with myself, actually starting my tumblr seems like the best life choice. Also too, I have so very many feeeeelings. Also two, all the kids are doing it?
A week or so later:
And now I care more about tumblr than I ever thought I could.
Maybe it will help me get back to the more activisty place I was at after I took my first WMST class.
Someone got rull sads about my profile picture.
You felt like you had to write me a weird-ass and rude anon ask ranting about race-based oppression of white folks where you make all sorts of assumptions and include a non-quote-surrounded-by-quotation-marks because of my profile picture? My profile picture of a blond little girl saying “Mommy, when I grow up I want to help smash the white racist, homophobic, patriarchal, bullshit paradigm too!” Poor baby. Cry some more white tears. You had to try REALLY hard to find something to pretend was oppressive towards white folks, didn’t you?
Way to miss the point, make assumptions, ignore the context and meaning of the phrase “white racist,” miss the fact that I live in the US, and ignore the fact that yeah, the history and current incarnations of white supremacy and racism against people who aren’t white have impacts many magnitudes higher than the things you’re talking about.
ALSO IT’S A FUCKING HALF-SELF-PARODYING, HALF-SERIOUS MAGNET
But, hey, thanks for being my first real ask!
I’m so tired I could vomit.
1. ADD drugs are sometimes massive stimulants, very similar to speed. Same family as crystal meth. They will give you similar side effects.
- These sometimes include tachycardia (high pulse rate), high blood pressure, nausea, tingly skin, and an inability to eat and a whole lot of other not fun stuff.
- You can go through withdrawal. it is not fun. You will turn into a cranky sleep bitch who cries all the time for a couple weeks after using ADD drugs for a very long and constant time and then not using them at all. Severe depression is a huge risk.
2. ADD drugs sometimes make you super horny and it’s really weird because you’re hyper-focused on getting off and this can be fun but also distracting and not at all a great mindset to be in if you wanna get work done.
3. ADD drugs can interact with Sudafed and make you tachycardic. Please check online with the NIH before you take any other drug (OTC or not) to check for interactions.
4. If you’re on any form of hormonal birth control (AKA, not the copper mirena) then you’re also at a higher risk for high blood pressure and embolisms.
5. Not all ADD drugs are stimulants. But that doesn’t make them less dangerous to play around with.
6. Adderall and other ADD drugs may effect you brain chemistry and make you suicidal or give you massive mood swings (I speak from personal experience on this one). So watch out, please.
100% to #6. I’ve been on the same thing for years and I tried to experiment with dose a couple weeks ago (after seeing a doctor). Aaaaand, no. So many negative feelings and a way fucked up sleep schedule I still haven’t fixed. I went back to my normal dose well before I saw the doctor again.
This is the best compliment I’ve ever received.
Okay. The package I’m programming in is an excellent one, and even though they’re upfront about being incomplete, the guide is very thorough and the best resource out there. That being said, the content for ‘Section 4.5: Splines’ is literally:
Isn’t it fun to do statistics?!
DID YOU KNOW
If you stop procrastinating and worrying about how hard your stats homework is going to be, and actually just start trying things in Stata, it doesn’t take 8 hours?!